Sunday, July 6, 2014

Avoid the Big Mistakes

There is so much for us first year teachers to learn and think about. Every now and then, I'm hit with a new realization that I'll need to plan this or do that. Yes, it can be daunting and very nerve-wracking. We need to accept that we will make the occasional mistake and then learn and grow from the mistake. 

I've had a few friends who have already gone through their first year of teaching give me some advice, all of which I greatly appreciated. They shared with me some of the mistakes they made so as to help me avoid them. I know I'll make mistakes all of my own, too.  Recently, I came across an article that explained a common mistake teachers often make on their very first day of school.

Here is the article. I hope you take something from it, like I did. It's a mistake that is totally innocent and could have happened to me without even realizing it! I'm thankful I stumbled upon this article.


No comments:

Post a Comment